Week of June 17th, 2018
ESV Genesis 3:15 “I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring[a] and her offspring;he shall bruise your head,and you shall bruise his heel.”
Read Genesis 3:1-24 every day this week. After reading, please reflect on the corresponding question(s) for each day listed below.
- June 18th: v.1 -6 – How does the serpent tempt Eve? Describe as many ways as you can think of. Why does Eve add to God’s Word? Who initiated eating the fruit?
- June 19th: v. 7-13 – What happens immediately when they eat the fruit? How do the man and woman respond to their sin? How do they respond to God’s confrontation? How does their response mirror our natural response to sin and confrontation?
- June 20th: v. 14 – 15 – How does God curse the serpent? What message of hope is found in the midst of this curse?
- June 21st: v. 16 – How does the curse affect the woman in childbearing? How does the curse relate to marital harmony?
- June 22nd: v. 17 – 19 – What reasons were given for the man’s curse? In what ways did he fail to fulfill his responsibilities? How does the curse affect him?
- June 23rd: v. 20-24 – Why is verse 20 a hopeful verse in light of the punishment for sin? How does this relate to Gen. 3:15? How does the Lord both provide for and punish the man and woman?