Week of October 14th, 2018
ESV Genesis 28:4 “May he give you and your descendants the blessing given to Abraham, so that you may take possession of the land where you now reside as a foreigner, the land God gave to Abraham.”
Read Genesis 27:46 – 28:22 everyday this week. After reading please reflect on the corresponding question(s) for each day listed below.
- Oct. 15th: v. 27:46-28:2 – What can we say about the consequences of a poor marriage choice to both the individual and their extended family? What are some reasons from the passage why Isaac would not want Jacob to take a wife from the Canaanites?
- Oct. 16th:Read Gen 24:1-4 – Compare and contrast Abraham’s instructions to his servant for finding a wife for Isaac with Isaac’s instructions to Jacob on whom to take for a wife. How are they similar? How are they different?
- Oct. 17th:v. 28:3-5 – Why does Isaac make reference to the blessing of Abraham during his sendoff of Jacob? What features of the Abrahamic blessing are mentioned?
- Oct. 18th: v. 28:6-9 – Why does Esau decide to take a third wife? From where does he take this wife?
- Oct. 19th: v. 28:10-17 – What are the features of Jacob’s dream? What is the significance of it? Read John 1:51. How do the two passages relate?
- Oct. 20th: v. 28:18-22 – What does this passage tell us about the importance of remembering what God has done in the past? What does this passage teach about the individual’s responsibility to follow the Lord?